addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Philadelphia Robotics Group Message Board › August Robotics meetup - postponed

August Robotics meetup - postponed

Roy B
user 4594812
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
All,

I will have to postpone the meetup that would nominally be scheduled this Thursday (Aug 9) due to business travel. I will let you know when (and where) the re-scheduled meet-up will take place.

We are still looking into venues for the next (and future) meetup. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Here is where we are:

Still Viable:
- science center (the building where NextFab is located)
- Former home of Hactory
- Hactory (not available now, but may be for future meetups)
- Cosi (but not the best for robot demos)
- Kimmel Center (investigating if they have public meeting rooms)

No longer viable:
- Next Fab (we'd need to pay for a group membership)
- Free Library (almost no availability in August, then the meeting space will be closed for a year)
- Whole Foods (no longer available to the public)

In the meantime, enjoy these links:

- Here is the forum for Brijesh's Low Cost Vision Module (as we discussed during the May meetup). He's making good progress, as you can see:
https://forum.sparkfu...­

- Here's an on-line course that may be of interest to our group (especially those interested in quadrotor control):

Control of Mobile Robots
https://www.coursera....­

Magnus Egerstedt (Georgia Tech)

About the Course
This course investigates how to make mobile robots move in effective, safe, and predictable ways. The basic tool for achieving this is "control theory", which deals with the question of how dynamical systems, i.e., systems whose behaviors change over time, can be effectively influenced. In the course, these two domains - controls and robotics - will be interleaved and we will go from the basics of control theory, via robotic examples of increasing complexity - all the way to the research frontier. The course will focus on mobile robots as the target application and problems that will be covered include (1) how to make (teams of) wheeled ground robots avoid collisions while reaching target locations, (2) how to make aerial, quadrotor robots follow paths in the presence of severe disturbances, and (3) how to locomotive bipedal, humanoid robots.

See you at the next meetup!
- Roy