addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Philadelphia Robotics Group Message Board › Aug 13 2009 meetup summary - part 2

Aug 13 2009 meetup summary - part 2

Roy B
user 4594812
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks also to Earl, who showed up early and helped set up the tables. He shared his electronics expertise and many stories of his experiences as a tech consultant. He also spoke about his humidifier project. He showed us a Texas Instruments MPS430 microprocessor on a USB stick and gave us several references for electronics magazines and other resources.

- Roy
Nelson B.
user 9487903
Egg Harbor City, NJ
Post #: 2
Hey Roy, don't forget to upload the presentation you gave. I'd like to show it to some friends to see if I can get them to come to meetings as well.

Also, we should maybe start a requirements thread for some of the projects mentioned? I was explicitly thinking the Solar Tracker and Humidifier project, or maybe Dan had a project? That way maybe we can come up with some solutions, either in a physical or conceptual form, in between meetings?

I decided that I need to come up with a project to present at the next meeting. I have a neat one in mind involving a small RC car built with a WRT-54G router that is controllable with an ipod touch. It would also seek out the touch via a measure of signal strength.

Why? Because I can't think of anything else to do! :)

-Nelson