Philadelphia Scriptwriters Network Message Board › early entry deadline is very soon

early entry deadline is very soon

Wayne G.
user 43992902
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Full disclosure, I do not profit from the GPFO or this contest. I want to see writers from the PSN win or place in this year's contest. My writing partner and I will also submit a script to the contest. Best of luck to everybody.

The sponsor for this website does offer services to help you finish your script (consultation, proofreading, teaching, et.al) should you desire more.

Now down to business: The early entry deadline is near. There's only one more chance to submit if you miss this one. It's too late for consultation, but proofreading and printing services are still available from the group.

Recapping the rules...

Mailing address:

Greater Philadelphia Film Office
One Parkway Building
1515 Arch Street, 11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102

They are particular about material formats:

*Feature Length Screenplays must be between 85-130 pages in length and written in standard screenplay format. (i.e. 8.5" x 11" three hole punch paper with two or three brass brads, 12 pt courier font, simple front and back cover, with pages numbered.)

*Prime Time (TV) scripts should be half-hour or hour long, single-camera pilots, 22-50 pages in length written in standard screenplay format. (i.e. 8.5" x 11" three hole punch paper with two or three brass brads, 12 pt courier font, simple front and back cover, with pages numbered.)

*A title page, with just the title, must accompany the screenplay. No author identification should appear on this page. Screenplays will be numbered for confidentiality.

*A separate cover page with the title and the author's name and address must accompany the screenplay, not be bound inside but inserted for easy removal. This cover page is the only place where the author's name should appear in the screenplay.

Full rules and application forms on the GPFO website: http://www.film.org/P...­