We play casual / intermediate volleyball. Beginners, intermediate, advanced, all levels welcome. No problem if you can't stay for the full three hours or if you come late.
Some notes for those that are new to our outdoor meetup:
- Time: We start around 5:30pm and play until 8:30pm or so. You can come late, or leave early. You're welcome anytime! Note: If no one is there exactly at 5:30pm, just wait a few minutes, we will be there. However, if we don't have at least four RSVPs by 4pm, we will cancel the meetup.
- We play on sand, and there is just one court. This court is owned by Temple, so there might be students playing also. We just need to work with whomever is playing there already.
- We play up to six on a side, then we rotate in. If we get more people we'll form three teams. As we don't want more than three teams there is a cap of 20 people.
- As there is a cap of 20 people, RSVPs are required. If more than 20 people are interested, a waiting list will be setup. Please respect the RSVP and waiting list. If you do not RSVP and just show up, there is a chance you might not be able to play. If you RSVP and do not show-up, then that is unfair to people who might be on the waiting list. Players who chronically do not RSVP or are no-shows might be removed from the meetup group.
- Level of play: All levels of play are welcome, but most of us are intermediate (B/BB). If you are new to the game, please come out and we'll show you how to play! If you're an A player, we welcome your ability!
- This is recreational play, we are here to have fun most of all. Our games can get real competitive; however, we ask that everybody respect each other. If you are super competitive and can't be patient with those of lesser abilities, this is probably not the group for you.
- For liability reasons you must be a meetup.com member or a guest of a meetup.com member.
- Fees:Our fees go to our meetup.com hosting fee. Membership fee is $5, or try us out for $1.00 for the first game. Guests are also $1. If you decide to come back you must pay the balance of the membership fee of $5.00 (you will owe $4). Membership fee is good for the entire season. You can bring the money or also pay via Paypal by using the Suggested donation link on the left. Note for Temple meetups only - fee not required for Temple students/faculty with a valid id; however, you're more than welcome to donate to our cause!