addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Philadelphia WordPress Meetup Group Message Board Philadelphia WordPress Meetup Group Discussion Forum › WordPress theme recommendations?

WordPress theme recommendations?

Anittah P.
Anittah
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 10
I have a site on an old version of WP that I'll need to update soon ... promise I'll get to it ANY day now ...

Question is: what theme platforms out there are good these days?

I used Thesis for a few years but my knowledge is three years old or so. I know the out-of-the-box WP platform now is fairly flexible, but there are aspects to Thesis in terms of customization that I use and like (esp. thumbnails and previews) that do not come out of the box. However I also know I am lazy so I appreciate how easy it is simply to update the version of WP I'm running in the BAU WP platform.

I've also heard good things out Genesis recently and smack being talked about Thesis.

What's the good word on the WP theme platform front these days? Any thoughts or suggestions from the fine, skilled, talented, humble fellow peeps w/in the Philly WP community?

Thanks in advance,

Anittah
Jeff M.
user 12454958
Philadelphia, PA
Post #: 3
I'm a fan of WooThemes ... of which there are many, and in several different categories. Lots of bells and whistles, and easy customization.