Philly Content Strategy Message Board › JOB: Contract to Hire Content Strategist
The content practice at Empathy Lab is growing and I am actively looking for a few great folks to join the team on a contract to hire basis. The clients are phenomenal and the teams are crazy smart.
In 2012, Empathy Lab was named one of the Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia region. In 2010, we were identified by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. In addition, Empathy Lab was also named the 19th fastest growing company in the Philadelphia region as well as the 105th fastest growing company in Advertising and Marketing nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Content Strategist to join our Philadelphia area team of professionals on a contract to hire basis. The Content Strategist is responsible for overseeing all content strategy, and creating/overseeing all content strategy deliverables (content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, style guides, content migration plans, copywriting, etc.) across the project lifecycle.
Collaborating closely with Experience Design, Creative, Strategy and Technology groups, you will play a key role in defining the content needs of multi-channel experiences, and working closely with client(s) to ensure the necessary content is sourced or otherwise generated. Ideal candidates will have a healthy sense of humor, and be ready to finally work in a place where he/she is no longer the smartest person in the room.
• Demonstrate expertise in all phases of an interactive project lifecycle
• Thrive on continuous learning and problem-solving around emerging solutions like responsive web design
• Work effectively as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team to meet deadlines
• Quickly gain an understanding of our clients’ industries, business and project objectives
• Work closely with account management team to translate business goals and user needs into meaningful content strategy
• Determine projects' overall content requirements and potential content sources
• Set guidelines for the editorial tone, style, and voice of all content
• Develop and/or oversee content inventories, gap analyses and content mapping documentation
• Assist in the development of solutions for content presentation, including content management, workflow, and maintenance
• Create taxonomies and metadata frameworks for grouping and tagging content
• Be an exceptional writer and/or effectively manage writers for content development
• Work with client to enhance, edit and reformat legacy and identify new content for creation
• Ensure content conforms to Search Engine Optimization best practices
• Develop naming conventions, instructional copy, and other interface textual elements
• Oversee content migrations and develop required documentation to do so
Essential Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years’ experience in creating/writing/developing content for web and other digital media
• Degree in related field, such as English, journalism, technical writing, or library science
• Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite, and working knowledge of UX design tools
• Experience in an interactive agency or similar client services environment is preferred
• Voracious learner – must be eager to independently learn about the latest technologies, solutions and platforms
• Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process
• Thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively in a digital environment
• Experience with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO best practices
• Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills – You must be able to tell a story and command an audience, regardless of the audience or the brand
• Incredible people skills with innate empathy for the end user – and the desire to help them achieve their goals
• High level of organization and attention to detail – ability to prioritize content and slash and burn where necessary
• Ability to approach and communicate with a wide range of personalities and know exactly what questions will deliver the desired content
• Demonstrated versatility, conviction and commitment to delivering exceptional experiences
• Ability to represent our company at all times with professionalism and integrity whenever you interact with our clients
Empathy Lab offers professionals a chance to get their heads and hands on truly cutting-edge work. If you are one of the best and brightest in your field and you’re looking to position yourself for the future, this is a career-making opportunity.
For immediate consideration, please contact me.