Philly Loves Boardgames! Message Board › Captains of Industry

Captains of Industry

Jared
user 14042418
Woodbury, NJ
Post #: 85
Hi All,

I've been trying to help demo/playtest Captains for a little while now and it's finally coming out. Kickstarter link: http://www.kickstarte...­

For those who haven't seen/played it yet, it's an economic game where you're building factories, producing goods, and buying/selling those goods with other players and with the game itself. It's a completely player-controlled economy with quite a bit of player interaction.

It's up on there as a "double-feature" where you can also get City Hall. City Hall is very Puerto-Rico'ish. It's a role-selection game where you're working on building up a city and gaining votes/popularity in by the end of the game, where the player with the most votes gets elected Mayor and wins.

I pledged for the two and honestly, the price isn't bad for both together ($70 for the two games, which is probably about as cheap as what you'd even see at an OLGS when it's released) and this way, you help get the games actually made!

If you're not sure about it, I should be around next Tuesday and should have my pre-production copy of Captains with me, so you can try it out then.
Jared
user 14042418
Woodbury, NJ
Post #: 90
Necro time:

I'm trying to assemble the full names of everyone who helped playtest the game for credits in the game. I have a rough idea, but there is a good chance I forgot a person or 3, or don't know your last name.

If you played the game and gave feedback, please E-MAIL ME and let me know. You can use the little e-mail button under my username, it will get to me.

Thanks,

Jared