The Philly Riak Meetup is back!
We're excited to announce the latest version of Riak. Join us on 3/21 for a summary of the major enhancements in Riak 1.3!
- Introduced Active Anti-Entropy. Riak now has active anti-entropy. In distributed systems, inconsistencies can arise between replicas due to failure modes, concurrent updates, and physical data loss or corruption. Pre-1.3 Riak already had several features for repairing this "entropy," but they all required some form of user intervention. Riak 1.3 introduces automatic, self-healing properties that repair entropy on an ongoing basis.
- Improved Riak Enterprise’s multi-datacenter replication performance: New advanced mode for multi-datacenter replication capabilities, with better performance, more TCP connections, and easier configuration.
- Improved graphical user experience. Riak Control, the user interface for managing and monitoring Riak, has a brand new look.
- Expanded IPv6 support. IPv6 support in Riak now is supported by all interfaces.
- Improved MapReduce. Riak MapReduce has improved back-pressure to reduce the risk of overwhelming endpoint processes during large tasks.
- Simplified log management. Riak can now optionally send log messages to syslog.
Download the new release here and check out the official release notes. Documentation for all products and releases is available on the documentation site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at <[masked]>.