• Next “Side Project Saturday” is Saturday, Sept 6th @ IndyHall (Date Change!)
• CocoaLove Tickets are for sale! See: CocoaLove.org
• Workshop: Intermediate Objective-C, is sold out.
• GDI Class: Introduction to iOS announced.
We’d like to welcome Twilio who has agreed to a long term sponsorship of Philly CocoaHeads.
Twilio is a software and cloud-based communications platform that enables the rapid build and deploy of powerful, flexible business communications solutions.
For more info check out their website and if you have any question please contact Brent Schooley[masked].
Show and Tell
In addition to being an open mic to demo new apps or code, Show and Tell also invites people to bring problems or design issues they are encountering in current projects for feedback.
Some planned show and tell includes:
• Amit Rao - Unit Testing / Code Coverage
• Kostas Nasis - iPad wall installation
• Michael Raber - Auto Layout sans Interface Builder
• Andrew Theken - a quick tour of iAd workbench/producer.
• App Demo: Happ Puzzle - Hugh O’Neill
Matthew Smollinger - Moving Beyond REST: Mobilizing your data on iOS!
In the past few years, seemingly every device has become “Smart.” Everything from your television to your toothbrush now stores, retrieves, and displays information from the Internet, and from that device’s surroundings. In this glorious new domain of the “Personal” Area Network, is there a place for good ol’ REST when many of these devices don’t even connect directly to the Internet? I’ll show you why, with the help of our new SDK friends CloudKit, HealthKit, and Multipeer Connectivity Framework, it’s time to give REST some rest.