NONVIO Philly: Mind & Meditation Workshop
This one hour workshop provides a glimpse into an approach that can increase personal capacity while putting a smile on people's faces across the world. Gain insight into the laws that govern the mind and emotions. Learn breathing techniques that help de-stress, reduce negative emotions while increasing energy, focus and efficiency. Experience the effects of a state of meditation being in a place of 'restful alertness.' Hundreds of Philadelphians have attended this free workshop in the past year.
Learn More: https://www.facebook.com/nonviophilly
1. How do I gain entrance into the building?
- Entrance is located on Chestnut Street between 21st and 22nd street. Look for the ramp with large brown doors to enter through. To the left of the brown door is a buzzer that will allow you to enter the building. The Parish Room is located on the Ground Floor.
2. What should I bring?
- Nothing! Just yourself and your friends and co-workers!
3. What should I expect?
- An introduction to practical breathing & meditative techniques
- An introduction to the not-for-profit Art of Living Foundation, and a chance to meet some of the professionals from our area who volunteer for it.
- Information on upcoming NONVIO Philadelphia events, workshops, courses and partnerships that our non-profit offers.
NON-VIOLENCE: Peace Begins With Me (NONVIO.ORG) is a movement about making the voice of nonviolence louder than the voice of violence. In Philadelphia, this movement aims to create a stress-free, violence-free city by offering events, workshops and courses that minimize stress and tension, promote self-awareness and cultivate human values.