June 23, 2007 · 7:45 PM
This location is shown only to members
June 21st is the Summer Solstice. That means it's the 24-hour period with the MOST glorious daylight all year long AND the first full day of what will be MUCH summer fun.
Let's get the first weekend of the summer started off with some smoke and sizzle at Famous Dave's Barbecue!
Please use the "MAYBE" option, if:
1. You're unsure of whether or not you can make the event; or
2. You're not totally committed to coming. (You can always change it later.)
PLEASE ONLY RSVP "YES," IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO ATTENDING THE EVENT.
Reason for this is that the events have been filling up quickly; and some members who have been RSVPing "Yes" shortly after the announcement wind up cancelling last minute or simply not showing up.
Since those folks were taking up "Yes" spots, others who really wanted to attend the event (and were definitely committed to coming ... just not as quick on the trigger) were not able to attend.
Everyone has things pop up, and that's understandable. But for those with schedules which are more prone to change, please make sure you RSVP appropriately to be courteous to other members.
Usual rules apply...
Three quick things you need to know:
1) Make sure you RSVP right away since our reservation is limited to 15 people.
2) To help defray the costs of the website, $1 will be added to your bill at the restaurant. Small price to pay for great food and great company!
3) If you happen to arrive before I do, the reservation is in my name (Charles).
RSVP & Waitlisting
One final note ... Please stay true to your RSVP. If you don't think you can make it make it, please change your RSVP "NO," so others can join in the fun. (Likewise, if you want to participate in the event, but it's already filled up; RSVP "NO" and put "Waitlist me" in the response section. I'll contact you if any spaces open up.)
Famous Dave's Barbeque
1936 S. Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19148