61 years ago, on August 15th, 1947, India gained its Independence from the United Kingdom. What better way to celebrate than to eat delicious Indian food?
Whether you like Indian food, Bollywood movies, or the movie "Independence Day" (just imagine it with the humans as Indians and aliens as the British), you should attend this event. If we're lucky, the whole restaurant will break out into an elaborate song and dance number. If not, we'll just enjoy some great food and company.
QUICK NOTE about RSVPing:
PLEASE ONLY RSVP "YES," IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO ATTENDING THE DINNER.
Please use the "MAYBE" option, if:
1. You're unsure of whether or not you can make the dinner; or
2. You're not totally committed to coming. (You can always change it later.)
IF YOU RSVP "MAYBE," please confirm "YES" or "NO" as soon as possible because events fill up quickly.
In order to accommodate members who want to attend the event (but didn't get to RSVP as quickly), RSVPs still listed as "MAYBE" two days before the event will automatically default to "NO" to make room for other potential attendees.
By the same token, the site will not accept "MAYBE" RSVPs within the two days prior to the event. (At that point, new RSVPs that list themselves as "Maybe" are automatically defaulted to "No" as well.)
Usual rules apply:
Three quick things you need to know:
1) Make sure you RSVP right away since our reservation is limited to 15 people.
2) To help defray the costs of the website, $1 will be added to your bill at the restaurant. Small price to pay for great food and great company!
3) If you happen to arrive at the restaurant before I do, the reservation is in my name (Charles).
RSVP & Waitlisting
One final note ? Please stay true to your RSVP. If you don't think you can make it make it, please change your RSVP, so others can join in the fun. (Likewise, if you want to participate in the event, but it's already filled up; RSVP "NO" and put "Waitlist me" in the response section. I'll contact you if any spaces open up.)
114 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106