! Philly Phoodies ! Message Board › New Meetup: In the Time of Love and Fiesta!

New Meetup: In the Time of Love and Fiesta!

Avish
user 4309461
Philadelphia, PA
Announcing a new Meetup for The Philadelphia Dining Out Meetup Group!

What: In the Time of Love and Fiesta!

When: June 27, 2008 6:00 PM

Event fee: $1.00 per person

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Who should come: People who enjoy the goodness in all people. Or who just like Mexican food...

Why: Good food, great people, and the chance to hit Charlie in the head like a Pinata

Meetup Description: Could your life use a little more love? How about some spicy Mexican food? If so, this is the dinner event for you!

In 1965, the beautiful Love Park was built across from City Hall in downtown Philadelphia. The park was conceived by city planner Ed Bacon, the "Father of Modern Philadelphia." Also the father of Kevin "Don't Call Me Footloose" Bacon, but that will be the topic of future meetup.

In 2006, the Mexican Post opened its fourth location, across the street from Love Park. What better way to signify "Love" in the City of Brotherly "Love" than with delicious margaritas and fantastic Mexican food?

Join us on Friday, June 27th, (a date that has no significance to either Mexican Post or Love Park, but that I would like to inaugurate as the "First Annual Margarita Love-Fest Day") for fantastic food, drinks, and company.

Drinks at 6PM
Dinner at 7PM
Mexican Post has excellent happy hour specials, so come at six and enjoy some fantastic deals (but save your appetite, because the food is great!):

Monday through Friday from 5-7 PM get $2 off all drinks. Also enjoy $2.99 snacks.
$2.00 Domestic Bottles
$3.00 Import Bottles
$4.00 House Margaritas
$4.75 Fruit Margaritas
$1.75 Domestic Pint
$2.50 Import Pint
$3.50 House Pours
Snacks:
French Fries
Two Tacos
Mexican Pizza
Bar Quesadilla- beef or chicken
Bar Wings- spicy or bbq

QUICK NOTE about RSVPing:

PLEASE ONLY RSVP "YES," IF YOU ARE COMMITTED TO ATTENDING THE DINNER.

Please use the "MAYBE" option, if:

1. You're unsure of whether or not you can make the dinner; or
2. You're not totally committed to coming. (You can always change it later.)

IF YOU RSVP "MAYBE," please confirm "YES" or "NO" as soon as possible because events fill up quickly.

In order to accommodate members who want to attend the event (but didn't get to RSVP as quickly), RSVPs still listed as "MAYBE" two days before the event will automatically default to "NO" to make room for other potential attendees.

By the same token, the site will not accept "MAYBE" RSVPs within the two days prior to the event. (At that point, new RSVPs that list themselves as "Maybe" are automatically defaulted to "No" as well.)

THE DETAILS

Usual rules apply?

Three quick things you need to know:
1) Make sure you RSVP right away since our reservation is limited to 15 people.
2) To help defray the costs of the website, $1 will be added to your bill at the restaurant. Small price to pay for great food and great company!
3) If you happen to arrive at the restaurant before I do, the reservation is in my name (Charles).

RSVP & Waitlisting
One final note ? Please stay true to your RSVP. If you don't think you can make it make it, please change your RSVP, so others can join in the fun. (Likewise, if you want to participate in the event, but it's already filled up; RSVP "NO" and put "Waitlist me" in the response section. I'll contact you if any spaces open up.)

THE PLACE

Mexican Post Love Park
1601 Cherry Street
Philadlephia, PA 19102
www.mexicanpost.com

Learn more here:
http://diningout.meet...­