The Philadelphia UFO Meetup Group Message Board General Discussion › Thank you, Recent Meetups and request for Help

Thank you, Recent Meetups and request for Help

aliensthetruth
aliensthetruth
Group Organizer
Philadelphia, PA
Hello everyone.
I want to thank you all for being members, amazingly enough we've surpassed the 350 member mark, congratulations all!
Now on to the serious stuff, I need help.
I've received feedback based on the past recent events, the concerns focused on two major areas.

• Concern - Time/Date/Location of Meetup

Not everyone is comfortable with driving into the city, finding parking, etc., especially on a Thursday night. There have been requests for events to be held on the weekend and potentially outside of the city.

Essene Market and Cafe is a great space for the Meetup since we don't have to pay to use it and street parking is free after 6. Still, Thursday nights can be tough and we almost never get people from outside of the city.

I'm fully open to alternative locations, dates and times. If it's during the week, it will have to be 6 pm or later, as I work and need time to travel and setup. There are probably tons of spaces available, we just have to find them.
  • Concern - Agenda and Topics

I used to conduct the Meetups with a very rigid schedule, agenda topics, handouts, etc. We welcomed guests speakers, but I primarily supplied the subject matter, leading the discussion in a classroom like, lecture format.

Based on attendee feedback following the TV show, we changed it up a bit to be more group discussion focused, where people would share more about why they're attending, what they've experienced, theories, opinions, etc.

I like both approaches, I love the events to be organized but feel the sharing aspect is essential to the success of the group.

So what do I need from you?

• Given some recent departures, I'm running the show solo, so I could really benefit from an assistant organizer.
  • Please see concerns #1 & #2 above. I would like feedback on each of those items, perhaps we can discuss them on the Message Board or via email - aliensthetruth@gmail.com­

Once again, thank you everyone for your interest and look forward to discussing these items with you!
Don H.
user 33774952
Chalfont, PA
Post #: 1
I agree about the place and time. Personally I don't mind getting into the city here and there; I feel like I'm growing roots stuck out here in the country. The Essene Market is the perfect place IF you live in the city. I'm willin to make the trek but it takes me about two hours, half of that spent on 95 in rush hour traffic. And if I don't get there early, it's a bitch trying to find a parking spot, especially in the warm weather.

I know a few people asked for a place closer to Lower Bucks County, but as I remember, none of them had a meeting place. I don't live down there so I couldn't help with that.

As for the format, I, like you, prefer a lot of discussion around a loose outline.

Don