If you've ever wondered how to utilize Apache Cassandra for real-time analytics, then this is a meetup you won't want to miss!
We're excited to have Stephane Legay, CTO at LoopLogic, joining us to present on how LoopLogic uses Apache Cassandra for their real-time analytics use case. Stephane will be covering the LoopLogic/Cassandra architecture + how they process their data using a 2-pass system.
Go Daddy has graciously offered to host this event. Be sure to come straight from the office (or sofa) as food/beverage will be served.
Hope you can make it!
What You Will Learn in this Session
• Architectural Overview of Cassandra at LoopLogic (3,000 to 5,000 writes per second on a 2-node cluster)
• Processing Data Using a 2-Pass Process
- Event log messages get stored in Cassandra as well as Amazon SQS upon reception of the event.
- Log processor processes the SQS queue.
- Message updates hundreds of counters using Memcached counters.
- We then batch-write those hundreds of results in Cassandra and update indices.
About Stephane Legay
Stephane is the founder and CTO of the Phoenix based startup LoopLogic. LoopLogic provides users with tools to create, public and track who watches your videos. Before creating LoopLogic, Stephane was the CTO of OCEG. Stephane's skillsets include web application development, user interface design, C# programming, and project management in a wide variety of business applications.
Apache Cassandra at LoopLogic Case Study