We are making slow progress on the Daniel O'Connell to Fr Matthew walk but hope that if we get beyond Glendalough, progress will be more rapid.
I have also tried to set out below the plan of walks we have for the year ahead. Dates have been fixed to December. We will finalize arrangements for 2014 in December.
Let's hope we get off to a good start for the new season. A one-day walk may be a good starting point for new members.
Proposed Ninth Programme of Phoenix One World Traipsers 2013/2014
• Sunday October 13, 2013. Stage Four of the Daniel O'Connell to Fr Matthew Walk.
Lough Tay to Glendalough.
(Map(s):- 56 Discovery Series).
• Saturday November 9 to Sunday November[masked].
Stage Thirteen of the Sea to Shining Sea Walk.
Athleague to Castlerea.
(Map(s):- 40 and 47 Discovery Series)
• Sunday December 8, 2013. Stage One of the Dublin Mountains Way.
Tallaght to Stepaside.
(Map(s):- 50 Discovery Series)
• Sunday January --, 2014 Stage Two (and completion) of Dublin Mountain Way.
Stepaside to Shankill.
(Map(s):- Map 50 Discovery Series)
• Saturday February -- to Thursday February --, 2014.
Possible Skiing Trip - Destination France.
Points 1. No previous skiing experience needed.
2. To include city visits.
• Sunday March -- , 2014. Stage Five of the Daniel O'Connell to Fr Matthew Walk
Glendalough to Dromgoff
(Maps(s):- Map 56 Discoverer Series)
• Saturday April -- to Sunday April -- 2014.
Stage Fourteen of the Sea to Shining Sea Walk.
Castlerea to Balla.
(Map(s):- Maps 38 and 39 Discoverer Series)
• Friday May -- to Sunday May --, 2014. unday May --, 2014.
The Ulster Way in Donegal
Lough Eske to Fintown.
(Map(s):- 15 Discovery Series).
Additional objective for the year: An island visit – details to be announced later.
For further details contact:- Michael Fitzgerald,
It is possible to get further information about the group and previous walks which we have done on www.Meetup.com
Please note that the programme may have to change. Further details provided in the weeks leading up to an event.
Prior to departure, participating members should ensure they bring the following: 1.Change of clothes and footwear.
2. Rain gear. 3. Small back-pack. 4. Particularly those joining during a weekend, obtain the appropriate map(s).
Every effort will be made to keep to the programme as outlined.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE TRAILS AND BY-WAYS!