As suggested by the group (I think it was David) and heartily seconded, we are going to do something just for FUN! See below for info on the Auction!
NO ENTRY FEE!
A Thrifting Scavenger Hunt and Raffle!
We will meet at the restaurant by 9:30 for breakfast/coffee, to form teams (drawn from a hat) and you'll be given your thrift store maps and List of Items to find. I'll be there at 9AM, so if you want to come early, feel free. Once we are all assembled, you're off!
• You and your team can travel in any direction you want. You probably don't want to be sourcing the same stores as other teams!
• Might as well carpool and get to know your teammates a little better (part of the whole idea!)
• When you find an item, you can either buy it or take a picture of it with the price tag visible.
• You must find your stuff at thrift stores. No regular retail or your house or anything like that.
• You will have 2 hours to shop/search. Everyone will reassemble at the restaurant by 12 Noon and we'll check your finds, exchange stories, and give out the prize over lunch.
• A prize will be given to the team who found the most on the list (items/pics combined).
• Friends and family 18 & over are welcome to come play, too. They don't need to be part of or even interested in our business, just want to have some fun! The more the merrier! They do need to realize they will probably not be on the same team as you, though, since we are drawing teams from a hat.
To cover the cost of prizes, we will be having an auction during lunch.
I know each of you has something that despite your best efforts is still haunting your inventory shelves and you are ready to write it off!
Bring it along, instead and donate it to the auction! We all know that one man's trash is another man's treasure! That's one of the basic tenants of our business!