Phoenix Scooter Club Message Board Fixes, Mods & Scooter Reviews › Scooter cutting out

Scooter cutting out

Kevin C D.
user 5638769
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 1
I'm looking for help with my 2008 Lance GS-R scooter. When I drive it and get to about 3 miles, it starts cutting out on me, and usually dies. Sometimes, it will start right back up, and other times, I have to wait a few minutes before it will start again. I thought I read somewhere that it might be the automatic choke, and when it happened today, in haste, I cut the wires to the automatic choke. That helped for awhile, but it still cuts out.
Glen
user 7436201
Group Organizer
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 602
Could be a bunch of things, and with a China Scooter could be a bunch more. In the summer had that happen to my scooter, was just vapor lock, and I just put a hole in gas cap, but doubt that's it.

Chandler Vespa, Urban Commuter, and Discount ATV are 3 places I know that will work on china scooters.

Take care

G
Kurt
AZScooter.com
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 10
There are a couple of things that could be causing this, the carburetor being one of them. Most likely though it sound like you need a valve adjustment. We see this a lot on the Chinese scooters, usually somewhere between 1500 and 4000 miles. Main symptom is that the idle drops off when you stop at lights and it stalls. It may also be more and more difficult to get it started. On a Lance GS-R that is about a one hour job at our shop ($65). We can re-attach your choke wires while we're at it.... : )

Kurt
AZ Scooter
13232 N. Cave Creek Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85022
azscooter.com