South mountain is calling so let's do another fun hike and get some mid-week exercise. Last week's hike was a tad easy, so this time we'll turn up the wick a bit. Are you ready?
This time we'll take West loop over to Beverly Canyon and from there, I've got a special climb that will take us up to the Ridgeline trail. Trust me, this climb will get your heart pumping. We'll follow Ridgeline down to the intersection of National and then pick up the Javalina trail. This eventually dump us back out to Beverly Canyon. From there, we can take the East loop back to the parking lot. This will be a fun workout that's about 6 miles or so. We should finish in about 2 hours.
Like I always say, it's hot so please, please bring plenty of water. You'll also need a good head lamp or flash light and salty snacks if you need them.
on time. We only wait 1.56 minutes then hit the trail. :) Follow the directions below to
the letter, and you'll have no trouble finding us.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the North shelter.