Let's get out and hike the ever popular Ridgeline trail again. This trail always provides quite a work out. When we get up to the saddle, we will head over to the old stone house and slowly climb up to the Marcos de Niza trail. From there, we'll drop down to Desert Classic and make our way back to the parking lot. This should be about a 5 mile loop with plenty of hill climbs to keep the trail runners happy. We normally finish in under 2 hours.
Bring plenty of water, a head lamp or flash light and snacks if you need them. Be on time. We start the hike at 6:30 pronto.
Here are directions, follow them to the letter and you'll find us with ease.
1. Take I-10 to Elliot Rd, and go west
2. Take a right onto 48th St and drive about 1 mile
3. A couple of streets after Piedmont, the road will start to bend way to the right
4. THIS is where you'll want to turn left onto a small street (S 48th St), if you reach Guadalupe, you've gone too far!
5. Almost immediately, you'll reach Pima Canyon Rd (on the left), where you'll see a small guard shack.
6. Drive down Pima Canyon Rd to the end of the parking lot, we'll be at the north shelter.
We usually head to Rustler's Rooste for a beer after the hike. Their rattlesnake appetizers are so tasty.
Let's get out and have some South Mountain fun.