Mar 23, 2013 · 11:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
11th Annual Kite Flying Festival (Basant Mela)
- DATE: 3/23/13
- TIME: 11am to 2pm
- LOCATION: Fountain Park, 12925 N. Saguaro Blvd, Fountain Hills, Arizona
- MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/lNir5
Basant is a seasonal festival celebrated at the end of winter to welcome spring. "Kite flying" is the major and most colorful event of this festival. The sky is covered with colorful kites that are of medium size normally from 1 foot to 4 feet in diameter; kites are usually made of paper and made especially for this purpose. Kites are of different shapes and sizes and are tied with specially made thread called "Doore."
"Yellow" is the color of the festival and is visible everywhere i.e. from kites to clothes. Basant is not only a kite flying event, it's a cultural festival for the entire family.
The PICO Basant Mela is an excellent opportunity to participate in Kite Flying, visit with vendors displaying Pakistani arts and crafts, apparel, and jewelry. Try traditional Pakistani food, enjoy the music, kids and youth activities or experience a henna tattoo.
- ADMISSION: FREE and open to the public
- Websites: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10305779.htm
After the event, remember to share!!
- Practice culling, by loading only a handful of your top photos on this page.
- Also, add a top photo as your “open” photo on the PAC G+ Community page, or the group FB page, or more if it matches the theme. Who knows maybe you will be chosen as a featured weekly member!
- To share more than a handful don’t forget our Flickr group and maybe tweet out your favorite photo, with a hash tag and link to our Club Twitter account!
Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/azphotogs/
Twitter: Add to your tweet, @PhotoAdvClub #PhotoAdvClub