March 16 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Photographers Practice Event (PPE) - This is an unofficial event. There is no designated PAC Organizer, thus no pre-determined meet area or person in charge. This event is listed as a fun event that might be used for your own practice or just an enjoyable event. If there is enough interest or if a PAC Org decides to lead, then the event will become official! Have fun, be safe, and remember to share your photos!
- NOTE: CHECK EVENT WEBSITE AS DATE GETS CLOSER
- Date: March 16, 2013
(Event lasts March 16 to March 17)
- Time: Arrival time at 9:00am (estimating, no times listed on the website)
- Location: Picacho Peak
- Map: http://goo.gl/maps/gSLWi | http://azstateparks.com/parks/pipe/map.html#Park_Map |
Each year hundreds of spectators descend on Picacho Peak State Park to watch re-enactments of an Arizona Civil War skirmish and the New Mexico battles of Glorieta and Val Verde.
Visitors travel from around the country to experience three fascinating historic battle re-enactments complete with lifestyles of the soldiers in the southwest during the 1860s. More than 200 re-enactors come from many states and will camp at the park with their authentic Civil War camping gear. Food and beverage concessions are also available, including the popular Kettle corn vendor.
- Park Entrance Fees:
Per Vehicle (1-4 Adults): $7.00
- Camping Fees:
Electric site: $25
Group Area (Non- Electric site): $15
- More info, fee schedule: http://azstateparks.com/find/fees.html
- Website: http://azstateparks.com/parks/pipe/events.html
After the event, remember to share!!
- Practice culling, by loading only a handful of your top photos on this page.
- Also, add a top photo as your “open” photo on the PAC group FB page, or more if it matches the theme. Who knows maybe you will be chosen as a featured weekly member!
- To share more than a handful don’t forget our Flickr group and maybe tweet out your favorite photo, with a hash tag and link to our Club Twitter account!
Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/azphotogs/
Twitter: Add to your tweet, @PhotoAdvClub #PhotoAdvClub
** Note: If the event has PPE in the title, it doesn't have an official organizer! No matter who is listed as an Org or Event Host.