Photographic Adventures Presents A Night at Rhyolite!!!
Bring out the creative visionary in you when you join Photographic Adventures on an inspiring night featuring painting with light and star trail photography from our Special Effects Photographer Edward Stiglitz. All skill-levels are welcome to bring their camera for our one-night workshop, and endless possibilities!
8:00 pm – Painting with Light and Star Trails with Special Effects Photographer, Edward Stiglitz:
- Short lecture on creative night shooting.
- Specific equipment for night photography.
- Use of multi-source and creative lighting.
- Settings and ways to use your camera for artistic image captures.
- Setting up several scenes for capturing these images.
- Hands on help and suggestions during shooting.
What to bring
We will be shooting in a rural desert that poses the opportunity for humans and wildlife to cross paths. Please be aware of the possibility of snakes, tarantulas, rodents, coyotes, big horn sheep, lizards, and many others forms of wildlife and hazards. A large ground area may be covered under variable night weather conditions. We strongly suggest you bring:
- Closed toe and closed heel shoes (preferably boots or outdoor footwear) are highly suggested
- Layered clothing for a possibly hot start and cold night
- Your camera and lenses
- Cable Release
- Additional drinks and snacks of your choice
*Please note that there are no food services available. There will not be the opportunity to purchase snacks. We will however have bottled water.
We’ll provide the instruction and added equipment and more for a mere $40! So lace up your boots, pack-up your camera and come out for a nighttime Photographic Adventure with us! All skill-levels are welcome and encouraged to take a photographic trip with us!
- Entrance to the workshop
- Photo location permit
- Drinking water
Payment and Registration:
The fee for A Night at Rhyolite is a low $40.
Times and dates subject to change due to weather or any other unforseen event. In event of a change we will contact you.