addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photographic Lighting Workshops Message Board › Thank you for Being a Member of Photographic Lighting Workshops

Thank you for Being a Member of Photographic Lighting Workshops

David L.
user 4576158
Group Organizer
Chandler, AZ
Hello Members of Photographic Lighting Workshops,

If you are new to our Meetup Group, I welcome you. If you have been with us for a while, yet not taken the plunge into learning with us, I encourage you to get started. To those who have been regular attendees, thank you for seeing the value in maintaining an active participation in your continuing education.

To all of you, if you are serious about learning portrait lighting, then you have made an excellent selection by joining our group and I will do my very best to provide you with concise direction and a fun learning environment.

Creating Perspective:

When I began my career in photographic lighting, many years ago, if you wanted to learn how the Master's of Light sculpted the human face, creating Fashion, mood and drama, you had to be lucky enough to become an apprentice, hope to be admitted to one of the finer Institutes of Photography, such as Brooks or Art Center, or struggle on your own, experimenting, reading, practicing and generally trying to painstakingly analyze why great lighting was great.

I was fortunate enough to get some early training at NBC Studios in Burbank, CA , setting lights for the 6:00 O'clock News, study with some of the then famous photographers, study at Art Center and practice, practice, practice. I have never been satisfied to just get a good photograph, I wanted to create small masterpieces, plateaus of personal accomplishment, translating my vision of what I consider to be beautiful into the art of lighting, composition and visual impact. An image that draws you into it and creates emotion.

It has always been my goal to create an easy course of learning and instruction, a hands on approach to teaching, and I constantly look for ways to impart information first hand, to simplify the approach and create easy techniques for learning. This is the purpose of these Lighting Workshops, to first inspire and then to provide an easy path to learning.

Lighting Kit:

I have recently  developed a near perfect and very reasonably priced versatile and portable Lighting Kit, further simplifying the approach to achieving exceptional lighting on location or in a small studio/indoor environment.

What to Expect:

These Lighting Workshops will focus on teaching you powerful techniques and depending on your degree of interest, take you to whatever level you wish to achieve in photographic lighting.

When to Attend:
You can begin as early as this Saturday, at my Workshop at Tempe Camera, set up a One on One course of tutoring, or follow the workshop opportunities I am providing through this Meetup Group for continuing education, as we venture to Catalina later this month, Falcon Field Air Museum for our 40's Hollywood Lighting Workshop in October and Workshops to be announced.

I look forward to providing you with a straight forward course of learning that will exceed your expectations.

Sincerely,
David Lloyd, CPP Certified Professional Photographer

Recent Images: