Photographic Lighting Workshops Message Board › Lighting Workshops designed with you in mind!

Lighting Workshops designed with you in mind!

David L.
user 4576158
Group Organizer
Chandler, AZ
Hello Fellow Photographers and Members of the Photographic Lighting Workshops,

I am really excited to announce the next two upcoming Workshops in the series for 2012!! 

September 1, 2012 Indoor Lighting Workshop 
September 1 is right around the corner and this workshop will focus on creating two powerful lighting formulas. Both will be set with three speed lights. The first will provide you with a winning formula for plug and play portraiture. The second, will focus on fashion with a twist for movie poster lighting. These are not gimmicks, these are tried and true lighting formulas designed to provide you with a solid foundation for creative portable lighting. This workshop will be held indoors at the San Palmas Apts Clubhouse. A great foundation builder for success. http://www.meetup.com/Photographic-Lighting-Workshops/events/76825932/­

October 14, 2012 Lighting Workshop 
Ever dreamed of creating a solid portfolio of exceptional images? Fascinated with the Look of Hollywood in the 40's? How about adding vintage WWII aircraft to the mix? On October, 14 we will convene at the Falcon Field Air Museum, Arizona Wing of the Commemorative Air Force in Mesa off of Greenfield Road. Our models will be themed for Hollywood in the 40's. Two hours of lighting instruction will be followed by an opportunity to photograph four stunning models set against WWII vintage aircraft. http://www.meetup.com/Photographic-Lighting-Workshops/events/60935812/­

So be ready with an open mind and ready to stretch yourself in all areas of your photography and life. Most people don’t realize how a DL lighting workshop can not only inspire your photography but it is a time where you can really understand where you want to go with your art and how to push yourself to the next level and achieve the dreams and hopes you have for yourself. It will be also a great time for networking and getting to know other like minded photographers.The DL community is very strong and we all want to see each other grow and accomplish our dreams. This is your opportunity to build, support and be supported in one of today's most exciting times in photography. You have an amazing digital camera, great software and now it is time to build your repertoire in understanding creative portable lighting. 

Footnote 
While the industry is trying to sell auto everything, I will stretch your imagination to set your dial to manual. With manual you will discover complete control with your lighting technique. What is more, manual saves time in setup and the lighting components are far less expensive. Are you ready to take a giant step forward in your photography skills? It is easier than you think and you will be the far better photographer for it. 

Equipment 

Please bring your favorite lenses, especially those you like to take portraits with! We will be practicing using two kinds of light to create our images- available and off camera flash (speed lights). If you have this type of equipment please bring it. I will also be offering some great discounts on gear that you can purchase in class that will enable you to create some amazing light at very reasonable prices. If you would like to see my Lighting Kit and some sample images it can create, please visithttp://davidlloydphoto.smugmug.com/LightingKitExamples/Denny-Mfg­

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know all of you on a deeper level. Thanks for investing in yourself to come to these workshops, I’m gonna give you everything I’ve got to try to help you discover your creative side and learn the art of lighting. 

With warm regards, 

David Lloyd, CPP Certified Professional Photographer