Photographic Lighting Workshops Message Board › 40's Hollywood Lighting Workshop

40's Hollywood Lighting Workshop

David L.
user 4576158
Group Organizer
Chandler, AZ

Hello Fellow Photographers,
I am attaching a link to an updated schedule of the day for you to review and I have a request that you would please list the lighting gear you are planing to bring.
To that end, I will be setting up two stations with lights, during the demonstration portion of the day. We will also be looking at the use of hand held lighting setups. So you may bring just a flash and trigger or three, four or five. As you will be in teams of two, we will use the buddy system for setup and light output adjustments.
$25 Tempe Camera Gift Certificate:
I will be bringing extra Radio Trigger Sets for any interested in purchasing a three receiver set. These are great units and are featured in the Lighting Kit I have designed and will be demonstrating. For those who will find interest in purchasing a complete Lighting Kit for their gear bag, Tempe Camera is offering a $25 Gift Certificate towards the purchase of The Lighting Kits. Also keep in mind that the Kits represent a 10 - 15% savings over individual component pricing. So, the $25 Gift Certificate is an additional savings towards the purchase of a Lighting Kit.
Sample Images with Lighting Kit: http://davidlloydphoto.smugmug.com/MagazineArticles/PPA-Magazine/­
The Lighting Kit is a very powerful tool for lightweight Portable Lighting as you will see in the Workshop.
We will work with manual power settings and a Guide Number chart, based on distance, aperture, ISO and output power settings. This is the most reliable and ultimately most intuitive, as you practice. We will work with bare flash and light modifiers. There are also sample images I have created showing examples of what you can capture in this beautiful environment.
Model Rotation:
While we will rotate Models about every hour, you will have plenty of time to set up, test and get the shots you are seeing. I will be checking on your progress during the day and our two runners, Lia and Krista will be assisting you to field questions or challenges which may arise, so I can assist you.
We will have eight lovely Models to work with for the day. They will be working very hard to help you create lovely portfolio images. Model Releases will be available as you submit finished images for the Models. I will provide an upload site for this that will be emailed to you after the Workshop.
Lens:
The primary lens I have been using for the preliminary photography, has been the 24mm - 70mm 2.8. Other lenses in that range will also work fine and we will be photographing in the aperture range of 4.0 to 5.6 at ISO 400. Most of the setups will have the flash units in the range of 4 to 6 feet from the subject.
RSVP: Please send an RSVP email with equipment list and any questions you may have. david.lloyd@mac.com
Please be sure and register if you have not done so already.
Thank you: http://40s-lighting-workshop.eventbrite.com­
40's Hollywood Photos for Reference Ideas: http://davidlloydphoto.smugmug.com/Fashion/40sLighting/­
Aircraft:
It is a special privilege that we are able to hold this Lighting Workshop at the Falcon Field Air Museum. These are authentic vintage aircraft, please use extra care and caution around them and please do not touch them!
Having Fun:
This Workshop is designed to provide you with hands on instruction and with your personal care will provide you with portfolio quality images. Enjoy the day as you will be with good company and a special environment.
Raffle Tickets:
As a special way of thinking our Models, we like to hold a raffle for some Lighting Gear from our Sponsors.
Kupo Lighting Stand
Rogue Flash Bender
Yongnuo 560 II Speed Light
Tickets $1/ticket - 7 for $5 - 15 for $10 - 30 for $20
Be generous, this is your way to thank our Models for helping to make this Workshop possible.
Schedule: Please Review at Description area of Registration: http://40s-lighting-workshop.eventbrite.com­

I personally look forward to meeting all of you and helping you realize the next step in your Photography Education.
Sincerely,
David Lloyd, CPP