Class 1 - Back to Basics!
- Basic Camera use (What's an ISO? Shutter Speed? Depth of Field? Apertures & stops? Mystery buttons on the camera?)
- Using your light meter to achieve the correct exposure
- Digital age (What's a megapixel? What is a Raw file and what is it used for? What kind of file is best for what?)
- Composition (What makes a good photo, well, good?)
- Discuss the different types of Photography (Fine Art, Commercial, Photo-journalistic, etc)
- Critique: discuss what we photographed, why we shot what we did, and what can be done to improve our skills.
- The objective of this course is to really understand how photography works. All cameras work the same way whether they're digital or analog and once you understand the basics, you'll be able to use any camera on the market.
Please note any camera will suffice for this class as the basics of photography apply to all types of cameras
The class will be very informal and open to discussion & suggestions.
The class should take about 1-2.5 hours maybe a little longer depending on how much shooting time we want and how many people have questions.
No more than 5-6 people per class to have more one on one time.
Class may be canceled or rescheduled if no more than 2 people sign up and a refund will be issued.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
After RSVP, you will receive an email the day before with exact details on where we should meet up!