Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Favorite locations for portraits

Favorite locations for portraits

Beth M.
mcbeth
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Where do you like to go to shoot portraits? Madison area, preferably.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 116
Downtown capital and State St for people. UW is good, espec Union Terrace.

Parks for nature: Pheasant Branch and Owen.
Bill
Bill.F
Madison, WI
Post #: 53
I saw someone shooting graduation pictures alongside the graffiti on the old Garver Feed Mill (Olbrich).
Beth M.
mcbeth
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
Pheasant Branch and Owen.

I've been to neither. Goodie, new pretty places to check out - thanks! Now that fall is about to start falling those outdoor/nature spots will probably be extra colorful. Oh yes, the feed mill, too. Driven by many time but never just stopped to poke around.

Do you know of any grungy spots, with graffiti on walls or sort of urban/junky looking? Dr. Evermor's Forevertron is such a trippy, fun place with all that sculptured metal rust wonderfulness, but it's also kind of a long way to drive for, yanno, a head shot. I don't do much portraiture but am trying to get more comfortable shooting it and, should the opportunity ever come up, a few ideas in the back pocket never hurts.

Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 117
I never heard of Dr. Evermor's Forevertron. Interesting: http://en.wikipedia.o...­

Beth M.
mcbeth
Madison, WI
Post #: 5
I never heard of Dr. Evermor's Forevertron.

Crazy neat. If you're in the Madison area it's a must-go-to, at least once. Pretty easy to find, across from the Badger Ammo place on Hwy 12, roughly halfway to Baraboo from the west side of Madison.