addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › February Challenge - Photo Collage

February Challenge - Photo Collage

Steven B.
stevenb
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 11
Here is information to help with the creation of your Photo Collage for the February Meeting:

1. Select a theme for your collage. This is WIDE open, so be creative.
2. Select a minimum of THREE (3) photos for your collage. There is a not a maximum number of images you can include in your collage but use your best creative judgement when creating your collage.
3. Tools for creating your collage:
- Photoshop, Lightroom: if you use/have these programs already will give you the most freedom in creating your collage but will require the most work.
- Picasa, PicMonkey.com: FREE tools you can download and offer templates to simplify the process.
4. If you want to create a Cover Photo for your Facebook Time Line, the dimensions are 851x351 pixels or 1.182" x 0.438"
5. Create a minimum of ONE (1) collage and a maximum of THREE ()3) collages to share for the February meeting.
6. If you have any questions, please let me know by responding to this Discussion Board Thread.

HAVE FUN CREATING

Steven B
Kris H.
user 2848629
Madison, WI
Post #: 57
Thanks, Steven. Looking forward to it!
Erin R.
ErinRuppert
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
I was searching for info on how much of the Facebook Cover Photo (and Google+ Cover Photo) is covered by the Profile Picture, and I found this: http://www.lunametric...­

It's way too much info, but it's potentially useful for knowing where to leave empty space on collages.
Steven B.
stevenb
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 12
Thank you Erin, this is good stuff
Bill
Bill.F
Madison, WI
Post #: 59
Hey Steven, I tried picmonkey & when I try to set the size, it only allows a square, i.e. 851x851 or 315x315. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Here is information to help with the creation of your Photo Collage for the February Meeting:

1. Select a theme for your collage. This is WIDE open, so be creative.
2. Select a minimum of THREE (3) photos for your collage. There is a not a maximum number of images you can include in your collage but use your best creative judgement when creating your collage.
3. Tools for creating your collage:
- Photoshop, Lightroom: if you use/have these programs already will give you the most freedom in creating your collage but will require the most work.
- Picasa, PicMonkey.com: FREE tools you can download and offer templates to simplify the process.
4. If you want to create a Cover Photo for your Facebook Time Line, the dimensions are 851x351 pixels or 1.182" x 0.438"
5. Create a minimum of ONE (1) collage and a maximum of THREE ()3) collages to share for the February meeting.
6. If you have any questions, please let me know by responding to this Discussion Board Thread.

HAVE FUN CREATING

Steven B

Steven B.
stevenb
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 13
Bill

When yhou open PicMonkey, select "Create a Collage" from the top of the screen. A new screen will appear. From the LEFT navigation, select the SECOND icon on the left, when you hover over it, it will display "Layouts", click on the icon and you should be able to select "FB Cover" from the layouts/templates.

I hope that helps.