addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › More reading on food photography!

More reading on food photography!

Kris H.
user 2848629
Madison, WI
Post #: 58
I found this post via David Lebovitz's blog:

Food Photography for Bloggers: Interview with Matt Armendariz

Technically speaking, he says "a good food photograph is in focus (or deliberately out of focus, as the case may be), visually interesting, strikes a mood or spirit, and makes you hungry." There are some great side-by-side comparisons re composition. And he's funny too--"I’m now entering my 5th year as a professional food photographer ...so at this point it really only takes me 3,872 tries to get that perfect shot."

Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 149

"Restaurants Banning Customers From Taking Pictures Of Their Food"
http://www.popphoto.c...­

The main gripe seems to be that you often need flash to take a decent picture in a darkened restaurant and that the bursts of light bother everyone around the inconsiderate photographer. It's a fair point. But, there are some hilarious little gems within the New York Times article.

For instance, one interviewee says she gets "irritated" with her dad when "he shoots with his large, cumbersome camera strapped across his chest." In fact, the whole second page of the article is a bit silly.

But, the point still remains that some restaurants just aren't allowing people to take pictures of their food. The example given is David Chang's Ko in NYC. "A man in the open kitchen asked her to please put her phone away. No photos allowed." I'm not even sure how I would react in that situation.