Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Got a pic picked up off Flickr

Got a pic picked up off Flickr

Douglas H.
DouglasHoyt
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
I just had someone from Delius Books in Berlin write out of the blue on Flickr Mail asking if they could use this picture http://www.flickr.com...­ in a book they are working on, "Berlin Mittendrin". I wrote back asking about terms, and they said that since they are using about 500 pictures it would only be 20 Euro and a free copy of the book. When I googled the publisher, a number of people who post to the Airliners website got pics picked up by them. Does this sort of thing happen often? It makes me want to tag each pic with innumerable labels. In any case, YOU GUYS CERTAINLY BRING GOOD LUCK!
Ryan E.
user 23023011
Madison, WI
Post #: 53
i dont know how it all works, but if you plan on ever using the image elsewhere, I'd be sure you are clear to them you are to retain rights to the image and they are just given permission for the usage in the book. I think it is something about non-exclusive rights to the picture you took.