Photography Meetup Group Message Board Photographic Opportunities - Classes, Workshops, Competitions, etc. › Wisconsin Union Portraits Mini-Course

Wisconsin Union Portraits Mini-Course

Kris H.
user 2848629
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Post #: 97
FYI -- the Wisconsin Union is offering a mini-course on portraits. The class meets twice in July Wed eve 7/17 and Sun afternoon 7/21. Registration via WU, cost is $44.50.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 243
But only open to UW students, staff, or union members.
John C
JohnCurran
Dodgeville, WI
Post #: 74

Mini courses are open to all. There are different rates for staff/members but I've taken dozens of courses and was at the final click in registration and it was accepted. I'd love to take this but I teach at the same time as these sessions.
Bill
Bill.F
Madison, WI
Post #: 73
Yes, mr. negative, but anyone is eligible to become a Union member.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 244
I thought my post was a helpful clarification. Why do you think it was negative? I didn't say the course was bad or anything like that. I think it sounds good and I have taken two photography mini-courses myself.

John, I don't understand how that can be. Here is what their policy says:
http://www.union.wisc...­

"To register for a Wisconsin Union Mini Course Program you must be:
UW-Madison Student
Wisconsin Union Member
UW-Madison Faculty/Staff (pay an additional $10/course)
OR registering for and attending a course with one of the above as a Guest”
Kristie L
Kristie2012
La Crosse, WI
Post #: 2
I saw that too when another mini course was offered. So - anyone can attend? Or do we have to become a member of the Union too ($50 per year)?
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 245
I think you need to become a Union member to take these unless you are part of UW. So that looks like $44.50 course fee plus $50 Union fee for a $94.50 total, just for two 3-hour sessions.

However, you may be able to learn enough about portraits for free from this meetup group instead. We have some portrait photographers in the group and Kris was planning a picnic meetup to discuss portrait photography but it got rained out last weekend. Hopefully, she will reschedule if the weather ever improves. Or maybe it could be a monthly meeting topic.