addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Canon T3 kit price slash $299 vs $433

Canon T3 kit price slash $299 vs $433

A former member
Post #: 13
http://www.ebay.com/i...­

In ebay refurbished Canon T3 with 18-55mm lens and 90 day warranty is sold for $299

This is out to bring down prices on every entry level DSLRs. Few months back canon 5d Mark iii was sold in ebay UK, B&H and Adorama for less
http://www.canonrumor...­
It was $2899
Now it is back to $3499

If anybody is interested in T3, keep watching..
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 281
Just curious, did you buy your Canon 5d mark iii from a store or web site? If a web site which one did you trust for such a big purchase?
Bill
Bill.F
Rochester, NY
Post #: 82
Just curious, did you buy your Canon 5d mark iii from a store or web site? If a web site which one did you trust for such a big purchase?
Brian, I've been buying camera equipment and gear from B&H in New York since the late '80s or early '90s. I bought my Nikon D7000 from them. I bought most of my lenses from them. If I were to purchase the current version of my Nikkor 70-200mm VR f2.8, it would cost more than my camera. I bought my Micro Nikkor 105mm f2.8 D from Beach Camera back in the 90's as well, I think they're in New Jersey. I've also made purchases from Adorama. All of these vendors are reputable.
A former member
Post #: 19
>>..If a web site which one did you trust for such a big purchase?
I sent you an email through meetup group website with some answers.

I have experience with Adorama, b&H, amazon and ebay.
I wouldn't trust ebay for costly items. But they have some honest sellers. Rather than word of mouth it is your own experience to find a good ebay seller. First I bought a lens cap for 50 cents from ebay. Once the confidence level went up I bought a camera remote control for $8, then a lens hood and so on.

Most often I had issues with Shipping through UPS than with online store. They often insist that I have to pickup the item from their store. Sometimes they shipped to the wrong address.

The best deals I got were from camera company. You can see their deals in their website. And it even have used items.

My recomendation is not to buy a used camera or lens unless you check it with professionals in camera company store. Some people ignorantly use their camera for color runs and gets lot of dust inside their lens and camera.

Camera company themselves have a section on used equipments. I got a $500 flash from them for $250.

I bought my new canon 7d from camera company. I had to return it 2 times because it had dead pixels more than normal. Each time they replaced the camera without any question. Later I realised it was common in canon 7d. If I had the same issue with amazon, it would have taken lot of time in shipping it back and forth.

Any equipment need to have the original receipt, preferably with the equipment's serial number to claim the factory waranty.

This may not pertain to your question but I hope this may help you. My observation is that Canon makes better cameras and Nikon makes better lenses. In Madison there are more Nikon users than Canon users or probably nikon users sell their equipment quiet often.. please see http://www.cameracomp...­ - but the first camera you are going to buy sets the direction for your collection of accessories and future cameras. I have two of my friends in Madison who had their NIKON DSLR entry level cameras failed. This is my own experience and I don't want to impose these on anybody. Just wanted to share. Not meant to offend anybody. Thanks for your understanding.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 283
Thanks for the info.