Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Selling Nikkor 80 - 200 2.8 D ED AF - beautiful condition with leather case

Selling Nikkor 80 - 200 2.8 D ED AF - beautiful condition with leather case

A former member
Post #: 31
Hi,

I am continuing my shift to the Fuji X mirrorless format and will part with one of my favorite Nikon lenses. It is the Nikkor 80 - 200 mm zoom with constant maximum aperture of a fast f 2.8. Included are the caps, a 77mm lens protector, hood and the heavy duty leather case. I have listed it on CL for 825 or best offer. Inside our group though you can skip to "best offer."

Thanks
Alfredo
user 4392954
Madison, WI
Post #: 72
HI Perry, I am looking to do the same, switching to Micro 4/3. I got the Olympus OM-D E-M5 http://www.getolympus...­
I am pretty please with the quality of the camera - the price/performance is excellent.
what's your experience with Fuji X so far?
A former member
Post #: 32
HI Perry, I am looking to do the same, switching to Micro 4/3. I got the Olympus OM-D E-M5 http://www.getolympus...­
I am pretty please with the quality of the camera - the price/performance is excellent.
what's your experience with Fuji X so far?
I hear good things about the m43 format. People are loving m43 for similar reasons to the Fuji X - outstanding IQ, small size, light weight and manual control via retro dials.

I'm more in touch with my camera now than I have been with any Nikon. That said, it isn't all peaches. Been with Nikon so long everything "just worked." I need a lot more time with the Fuji's before they'll "just work" too.

I am about to receive my third Fuji body (X-E2) and will be looking to sell the X-E1. I will keep the X-M1.

The M1 has the articulated screen so performs a different function for me (low POV shots).

I recently sold my D300S with some kit lens to buy the X-E2. I retain a D7000 and a lot of Nikon glass.
Alfredo
user 4392954
Madison, WI
Post #: 73
Perry, Nikon is coming with a "Classic" look camera http://www.canonrumor...­
It looks and sounds pretty good but pricy. Next time you put photos in Flickr you have taken with the Fuji camera let me know. I am very impressed with the low light pictures I have taken with the F/1.8 lenses, great details. One of these days we should get together and compare notes.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 297
Just curious, where would you meet a CL buyer for this? What payment would you accept, cash only? I'm afraid to use CL for expensive items because of the financial and safety risks.
A former member
Post #: 33
Alfredo, I'd love to get together.

On my flickr page most of the recently (at least half a dozen lines) posted are with the Fuji.

The Nikon Df is out of the question for me. I'd have to star over with all new glass. And am I the only one or is that camera ugly?
A former member
Post #: 34
Just curious, where would you meet a CL buyer for this? What payment would you accept, cash only? I'm afraid to use CL for expensive items because of the financial and safety risks.
I have conducted two sales from CL. Both at my home. I get a feel for the person then make sure they walk past all the signs on my house indicating they are being recorded. My wife remains out of sight with her finger on the alarm system panic button. Cash only - it has worked out so far - but we remain fearful. It only takes once. That's why I'd be happy to give a group member a hefty discount to get the sale done.
Bill
Bill.F
Madison, WI
Post #: 92
I've met buyers at Starbucks.
A former member
Post #: 35
I've met buyers at Starbucks.
That's a good idea.
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 301
Thanks for the CL tips. Perry, meeting at a home violates their #1 safety advice tip but I'm glad you are taking precautions. I'm somewhat surprised you can find a buyer willing to carry $825 cash to your house and let himself be recorded, but I hope it goes well.

Meeting in public place like Starbuck's is their recommendation. I've used libraries and shopping malls but limit my CL transactions to $150 or less.