addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Portrait photo meetup?

Portrait photo meetup?

Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 300
Some of us are wondering if we could have a portrait photo meetup. Members who want to practice taking portraits would take portraits of members who pose. Similar to the cosplay event but no costumes. We would need studio lighting and backdrops. If any of you are willing to supply lighting or backdrops let me know or post here.
A former member
Post #: 36
I'm willing.
A former member
Post #: 19
i've got a "studio in a box" that i've never even opened. couple of umbrella lights, black and white backdrops with stands, can't even remember what else. no doubt the backdrops would need steaming, which i don't have access to. i'm interested in shooting some willing models, though i'm *really* out of practice (i'd certainly accept some shooting feedback so i don't waste "film" or time. i haven't touched my camera in over a year). i'm *not* interested in sitting, though. sorry. the proverbial phobically camera-shy photog. do we have anything approaching a space or date yet?
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 302
No space or date yet. It's just a meetup suggestion at this point. I am not going to organize this event but if someone else wants to organize this feel free.
A former member
Post #: 1
For the outdoor portion, I'd love to do some shots outside on Lakeside Street. For the indoor stuff, I do have access to an office (two small rooms, and they'd probably let us shoot in the waiting room as well). But we'd need more lighting (I have umbrella lights that I've never used, but I have no backdrops). What days of the week work best for people?