align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board Photographic Opportunities - Classes, Workshops, Competitions, etc. › UW fashion show May 10 seeks volunteer photographers

UW fashion show May 10 seeks volunteer photographers

Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 330
There is a REMIX fashion show at UW on Saturday, May 10. They have three shows and a dress rehearsal. They have one pro photographer hired but he may only be at one show so they would like volunteer photographers at any of the shows. Does anyone want to do this or schedule it as a meetup? I am not sure yet if I will be able to attend but I'm willing to be a contact person unless someone else wants to. Here is the website and what I found out:

http://fashionshow.wi...­

https://www.facebook....­

WHEN: The shows are Saturday, May 10 at 2, 5, and 8pm. Each show is approximately one hour long. Two short dance pieces serve as transitions, one in the beginning and one half-way through. The dress rehearsal is at 7:30 on Friday, May 9. There will be plenty of room at that event for photographers.

WHERE: 1300 Linden Drive, Nancy Nicholas Hall, School of Human Ecology.

PAYMENT: None but you get free show admission at the runway location (worth $25-$35).

PARKING: You are on your own. There are some metered and some free lots nearby but they may be full. Maps are here: http://transportation...­

PHOTO RIGHTS: REMIX will want access to the shots to share with designers and stylists, giving photo credit to the photographers.

They want a list of people for each show so they can check them in at the ticket table and give them a "PRESS" name tag. Photographers will be standing at the end of the runway (typical of fashion shows). We can check them in 30 minutes prior to each show so they have adequate time to set up and test lighting, etc.

If some people are interested in only shooting the receptions and special exhibits that don't happen in the show space, or if someone is interested in shooting backstage and hair/make-up, those shots are always fun to have as well. We have an awards ceremony at 9:30 that could/should be documented as well. There will also be a design gallery and senior thesis presentations you can photograph as well.

Lastly, if a few photographers would be interested in an exclusive set up just for us to take photos of all the looks in the show, they may be able to arrange that.