addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Photography Meetup Group Message Board The Photography Meet Up Group Discussion Forum › Abandoned farmhouse/barn in the vicinity of Madison

Abandoned farmhouse/barn in the vicinity of Madison

A former member
Post #: 1
Good morning fellow photographers,

I am preparing a photoshoot for a couple who would like to have their session take place in the country side at sunset for a romantic vintage feel.

Being still quite new to the area, I was wondering if anyone would know of an abandoned barn / farmhouse close to Madison, a plus would be with a wooden area / field we could also have access to?

I would be very grateful for any recommendation/suggestion as I am not quite familiar with the countryside around Madison.confused

Many thanks in advance smile

Laetitia
Beth
user 4450144
Madison, WI
Post #: 38
i wish i could help, but all the barns i used to shoot at have been torn down :(
Ryan M.
RyanMurphyPhoto
Madison, WI
Post #: 11
Not sure if this will work, but you could explore the Arboretum. Plenty of woods and there are some barn type buildings behind the visitor center. There are also boardwalks and trails that can make for interesting photos. Not sure if it would work for your needs or not. Good luck!
A former member
Post #: 2
Many thanks, Ryan! I will definitely browse the area :)

No worries, Beth. I will keep driving around or more like trying to get lost in back roads until I find what I am looking for
Brian S
briangs
Madison, WI
Post #: 360
Hope you found an abandoned barn. Here are the The 40 Most Breathtaking Abandoned Places In The World. The Methodist church, in Gary, Indiana, is on the list towards the end and has been in some of our meetup photos.

http://news.distracti...­