addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Bob H.
user 10038767
Group Organizer
Milford, CT
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to wish everyone in the group a Happy, Healthy, and Profitable New Year!

2012 was amazing, let's make 2013 even better!

2013 brings a few changes to the Meetups and sponsored events.

I'll be traveling more this year with Expoimaging, including a return trip to MD and VA, WPPI in Las Vegas, and a possible 8 day workshop tour starting in Santa Ana and ending in San Francisco, CA in late April or early May.

My book, "Photographic Lighting" by Ammonite Press is due on store shelves this Spring.  I'm also working freelance for Shutterbug magazine, so look for articles later this year.

Along with my professional work, look for an expansion of the workshops in a few different ways:

• While certain events remain the same, many of them will be expanded to 6 hours.  This gives me extra time to explore on camera along with off camera flash and mix the two.
  • When attendance reaches 15, a second model will be added so no one feels that they don't get enough shoot time
  • There'll be a lunch break in the workshop somewhere to get some fuel, chat, and discuss the next phase of each workshop
  • There will be more dates and locations added throughout the year, so even if you can't make it, let someone you know in on the info!

The regular meetups last year fell off a bit due to the crazy schedule.  I'm working on having more meetups this year to cater to everyone at every level.  I've already updated the page with regular, successful meetups:

• Jan 5, beta test the new Rogue Flashbender XL Pro
  • Jan 12, Back to the basics.  If you are a beginner in OCF, this one's for you.
  • Jan 19, Constant Fluorescent lighting.  I've added this to my kit this year and love, love the results.
  • Jan 9-Feb 6 wil mark the first of the 5 week lighting courses.  We'll explore light at every level and use speedlights, constant light, and strobes.  This class is designed for all levels.

That's about it for now.  Check out the Meetup page often to view all the meetups and images from each one to see what you can do with simple, practical gear.

Here's wishing everyone a happy and healthy New Year!!

Best,

Bob