Theme of the next thematic discussion/contest picked by the last winner, Ben, is: "Wet".
No special skills are expected and everyone is more than welcome to participate as well as join the informal discussion! In the end it is more about having a drink, a chat and a discussion with like minded people, rather than the competition itself.
Here are the meetup specifics:
Date: Thursday, 7 November, 7:00 PM
Location: "Kantina von Hugo", Paul-Linke Ufer 23, 10999, Berlin. U-Bahn: Schönleinstraße, Görlitzer Bahnhof.
Max. number of photos: 3 (please rank them)
Submission deadline: Thursday, 7 November, 5:00 PM
Submission email: [masked]
First we are going to shuffle and view all photos without disclosing their authors, vote on the winner and then, before revealing results, have a detailed discussion on every submitted photo. Winner will get the right to select a topic for the next contest.
• Please rank your photos (1, 2, 3) so that in case of many RSVP's we can easily reduce the max. number to two by skipping the third one.
• It is also important that photos are sent by email before the deadline, as slideshow has to be prepared in advance.
Other ideas and suggestions are always welcome!
Please be aware that the personal safety of you and your guest(s) is your responsibility for the duration of the above mentioned Photography in Berlin meet up event. Thanks!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
• I am new to photography, can I participate? - Of course! We all come here to share and learn.
• How long will the meetup take? - We should be done with the official part before 10PM. It takes about an hour to look through all photos and vote, and another hour for the discussion. Sometimes we stay for another drink or two afterwards.
• How can I find you? - Look for a bigger table with a bunch of friendly people and a laptop. Don't forget that you can always call us (see the phone number above)!
• Where are we going to watch the photos? - We normally use a laptop.
• What resolution is needed? - Any photo larger than 600x600px is fine. For best results aim at 2880x1800px.
• What are you going to do with my photos afterwards? - Usually they are uploaded to the event's gallery with author's name in comment section (unless anything else is requested).