Post #: 10
Title: User Interface DesignerABOUT SOCIALVISION
SocialVision is an angel-funded, innovative Berkeley-based startup whose premier product helps make online video a social experience. We help media companies monetize their existing content and increase ROI for advertisers.
Our mission is to make online television more fun and interactive by creating new social experiences around it. We are rapidly growing and working aggressively to meet pivotal timelines for major customers. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take product requirements and turn them into wireframes and mockups consistent with SocialVision’s extremely high standards for user experience and interface design.
- Produce and maintain design documentation with explanation of interface elements and asset breakdown used for implementation.
- Conduct periodic user testing for key areas of the interface, both with paper prototypes and once the interface has been implemented. Produce formal documentation of results.
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings to determine future direction of the product.
- Follow competitors and related products in the market to generate new ideas for UI and features.
- Assist sales/marketing teams on the side with their design needs (website mockups, presentations, customer-specific wireframes and mockups, etc.)
- Ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements.
- An educational background in Graphic Design, Digital Media Arts, Interaction Design, or Human Computer Interaction.
- Strong design skills and an attention to detail down to the widget.
- Organized and able to act independently.
- Solid understanding of current web technologies.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Passion for developing innovative interfaces.
- Experience as a key member of a UI or Design team through the product development cycle of a successfully launched web, and/or software application (as opposed to layout and decorative design). Experience working on developer tools is a big plus.
- Experience with Design->Developer workflow for Flash and Flex is a plus, but not necessary.
- Possibility of ownership/equity of a rapidly growing company.
- Casual work environment with great flexibility.
- Work with high-caliber product team with a wide array of technologies combined in innovative ways – you will learn a lot!
Please email your resume to email@example.com
See all jobs at http://www.socialvisioninc.com/jobs.html