|Sent on:||Thursday, January 9, 2014 12:56 AM|
A series of six workshops on creating stronger images – begins Jan 24th (just 4 spaces left)
Check it out at: http://www.meetup.com/Photoworks/events/155983612/
This unique six class series of workshops will take you on an adventure, pushing you to try out new techniques and learn new skills that will have you thinking and shooting with greater intent.
Comprising a well balanced mix of instruction, information and practical hands-on shooting spread over a number of weeks this series of classes will ensure that you spend the winter developing your ability to create strong images that directly communicate your intent to the viewer. Suitable for all levels.
· Learn how to lead your viewer's eye around the image.
· Learn how to more effectively envision your shot before you press the shutter.
· Understand what to include and what to exclude to create a strong composition.
· Master the use of line, shape and pattern to create containers and pathways in your images.
· Learn techniques to make the 3D world in front of you appear more realistic in your 2D image by adding the illusion of depth.
· Grasp the importance of light, tone and color in creating an image.
· Understand how selective focus can draw attention to your subject.
Classes will be[masked]pm on Fridays (Jan 24, Feb 7 and Feb 28)
and 10am -5pm Sundays (Jan 26, Feb 16 and March 2)
The Friday evenings will be in the Pembroke Studio and the Sunday full day classes will be in the studio and occasionally outdoors (weather permitting).
The group size is limited to just 8 and the cost for the complete series is: $600
The series provides over 30 hours of expert instruction in a small group for less than $20 per hour. Look at it this way – it’s less than the cost of a good lens and will probably do more to improve your photography.
This series has been developed, tried and tested over the last three years and has always received great reviews from participants, even so it is constantly being revised and improved with new techniques and topics being added every time it runs.