Pinellas Hack Shack Message Board › Pinellas Hack Shack (not so) Grand Opening!
Pinellas Park, FL
We have a few small projects to do before having our official unofficial opening party.
1. A few more lights to be installed.
2. A little more work on the desk for the computer lab.
3. A shop organization.
4. Getting a barbeque grill here to handle the cooking for the party!
5. (the biggie) Getting a policies, procedures, and safety plan manual cobbled together from the masses of available shop safety, maintenance, and qualification documentation we have as source material, not to mention the waivers etc...
6. Getting safety materials and placards in place (certified fire bottles, some goggles, aural protectors, face shield, etc...) .
Anyone willing to lend a hand on any of the above, on any day available please contact me via e-mail at Art@starfrontiers.org. The desk and lighting pretty much have a plan to follow, but anyone working on shop organization may feel free to take the lead. Much the same for producing policies and procedures. That committee needs to be the regulatory body on the initial draft at very least. Our final product on that matter will need to be approved by the ARSP Board of Directors. We really need to gather a Hack Shack Congressional body to get together on this and work. We need folks that are familiar with industrial processes, and naturally safety procedures, as well as some ability with technical writing. A lawyer or related mouthpiece would not hurt.
I would like to have the opening something like Feb 1. Can we pull it together?
-Interim Shop Supervisor