I have big plans for 2015 and they involve some changes to all of the Meetup Groups (Pints & Sticks, Polycrafters in PDX, and The Portland Scrapbooking Group) I organize ... are you ready? Here we go....
I am merging The Portland Scrapbooking Meetup (2006), Polycrafters in PDX (2011), Pints & Sticks (2012) into one group- Pints & Crafts - effective immediately
-My goal is to put all of the meetups I am hosting or organizing in one place and to create a more involved community of Crafters!It doesn't matter if you do only one of the items below.. everyone is welcome! (you might get teased or goaded into trying new things... but you're always welcome!)
- Drink stuff out of Pint glasses ( BEER! wine. Tea. water. BubbleTea )
- Craft ( Knit/Crochet/Sew/Bead/Scrapbook/Cards/Soap/(insert other craft here)I have a long list of Meetup Ideas (Coming soon!) and am looking for your suggestions
-Pints & Sticks Meetups will still occur regularly on Thursday Nights
- I hope to add many other reoccurring meetups with different themesAll upcoming Meetups will be posted under Pints & Crafts (AKA Pints & Sticks)I am looking for Hosts, Event Organizers, and Assistant Organizers- the more the merrierI will be expanding the use of Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram to share our crafty plans and I am encouraging others to join me (see below)
So Here's what I need each of you to do....
-If you're not a member of Pints & Sticks (Soon to become Pints & Crafts), Join now
- Once you've joined Pints & Crafts (AKA Pints & Sticks) go ahead and leave the other groups.
- I will transfer the Beach Trip Meetups /Payments/and information :)
- Suggest new meetups, Offer to Organize events, Volunteer to Host events (at your place or the local pub/ coffeeshop/ craftstore/ other amazing location)
-Follow the Pints And Crafts Pinterest and Pints And Crafts Facebook Page, or my personal Ravelry (facebook for knitters and crocheters) or Instragam if you're interested in sharing crafting via social media
- Ask Lots of Questions ('cause I know ya got 'em)Plan to attend upcoming events where you'll meet other cool people who like what you do!
- Get Involved! Newbies & Regulars alike are encouraged to share their crafty passions, aspirations, skills, and love!
I am so excited! I'm gonna go change the name of Pints & Sticks to Pints And Crafts RIGHT NOW! (Hehe he he he )