This is reservation-only event and guests must pay in advance. Use payment button on http://august9brunch.brownpapertickets.com/ to RSVP. The sooner you buy a ticket, the less you pay.
Enjoy a-whole-new-level vegan brunch items crafted by Chef Mya Zeronis of Lean Chef en Route/ Zest Wishes, using GMO-free, local, organic ingredients and NO refined sugar, gluten, factory-produced, processed, overly-packaged, textured faux meats or vegetable protein isolates (eg. TVP, seitan) and faux cheeses (unless she makes them).
Chef Mya has a background in globally-inspired contemporary American cuisine. This chef can put food away, weighs 100 pounds and looks in her 20's at age 37. There is no secret ingredient here. In fact, she's transparent about what ingredients are in the food she serves....only real food ingredients, locally-sourced and organic when possible.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette called her "a citizen of the world" because her locally-sourced, farm-to-table dinners opened the door to different cultures and cuisines. She is a chef who hails from meat-centric restaurant kitchens but stepped out of her comfort zone. A guest who ate at her unbelievable egg-less, meat-free, dairy-free brunch said, it "changed (her) life." Mya Zeronis identified a need for healthful foods in Pittsburgh and made that her business. Her business aims to make healthy eating and sustainable living a piece of cake (free of processed partial-grain wheat flour, refined sugar, dairy and eggs, of course). She won top prizes in 10 recipe contests that were open to professional chefs. Her grand-price winning recipe was published in October 2012 issue of Taste of Home magazine.
Menu (old favorites & new items):
1) Sprouted organic tofu-cauliflower frittata with nutritional yeast, besan (garbanzo flour), homemade almond milk
2) Savory, gluten-free pancakes with Weatherbury Farm's stone-ground, certified-organic buckwheat, organic chia seeds, English peas and Bluebird Farm certified-organic scallions
3) Homemade sprouted organic tofu chorizo, wrapped in organic kale leaves and grilled
4) Organic brown rice penne with homemade, unprocessed "cheddar" and cashew "ricotta." Topped with Wild Purveyors shitake mushroom "bacon" bits [Healthier and vegan version of Chef Mya's grand-prize winning recipe published in Taste of Home Magazine]
5) Almond-veggie-grain filled inside-out tacos with Clarion River Organics cornmeal and black beans, Wild Purveyors cremini mushrooms, organic brown rice, organic millet, cumin, cilantro, jalapenos, red onion and mango-tomato pico de gallo in New Way Farm Swiss chard leaves
6) Curried Clarion River Organics potatoes and onions with saffron, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cumin, curry leaves, fennel seeds and unrefined expeller-pressed virgin organic coconut oil
7) Organic baby kale salad, raw organic apple cider-maple vinaigrette, red onion, toasted organic rolled oats, homemade cashew "ricotta"
8) Chilled raw avocado-cucumber soup in walnut "cream" with Olive & Marlowe's gold-medal winning extra virgin olive oil, garlic, red onion, cumin, cilantro, organic lemon juice and zest
9) Steamed black rice with ground raw sesame, sea salt, toasted sesame oil and fresh coconut meat served on banana leaf
10) Naturally-sweet blueberry-banana-coconut ice cream
11) Self-serve brewed organic, fair-trade coffee and tea with homemade almond milk and maple syrup
12) Juice counter for make-your-own raw fresh juice blends. Ingredients, organic carrots, ginger, Mandarin oranges, pineapples, local organic apples, cucumbers, organic kale stems (leaves are used to wrap sausages...nothing goes to waste in this kitchen), kiwis and garlic are washed three times using filtered water-baking soda-sea salt solution.
Up to two children age 7 or younger, accompanied by paying adult, eat free. For each additional child or those 8-14, there is a $10 suggested donation to No Kid Hungry.
See you there!