|From:||Frank (Big K.|
|Sent on:||Friday, January 24, 2014 12:21 AM|
Just a minor heads up, the Pittsburgh Social Club is an EVENTS site! Not an advertising site.
You have the ability to post your OWN EVENTS! But you have to make them into EVENTS!
I created this site for FUN/Interesting/Cool events and to help out some of my Creative friends that have problems BOOSTING SIGNAL for awesome events that they will be at! But I wanted to keep it real and not make it feel we're getting Advertised to, So remember if you POST an EVENT you have to make it an EVENT and keep it REAL!
Basic Rules N'at!
MOST IMPORTANT RULE 1. When you create an event, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE! (this keeps it REAL!).
2. It is an EVENT, so put a way to meet you or a way that people who have questions can respond. Yes, I realize some events you are the Comedian, Musician, Belly Dancer, Artist, Country Singer,Burlesque,Band,Actor/Actress working at the event but even a meet n greet afterwards will connect you to future fans or even make friends!
3. Put some MEAT (or some HEAVY DUTY TOFU, for my Veggie, Vegan friends) aka CONTENT into your EVENT! That way it makes it interesting and people WILL show up, if you make it interesting and fun and give them some NOTICE! If you post an event two-three weeks ahead of time and make it interesting, people will show up!
4. People ask questions in the comment section of your event, go there every couple of days and answer any questions.
5. Yes, these events sometimes cost money and pre-paying\ticketing is okay. It's okay to make money off the event. But treat your event as an EVENT. And realize the people showing up from our group are treating it as an event and expect some respect and some direction or questions answered. You don't have to BABYSIT, but it's respectful to say: "Hey the meetup people meet at 6pm at the 3rd table to the right." Or say hi after the show and mention you are from meetup... Please answer any questions if asked. THIS KEEPS THINGS REAL!
6. NO MULTI-LEVEL MARKETING!!! GRRR!