|From:||Frank (Big K.|
|Sent on:||Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:51 PM|
Woo Hoo! We are now at 1,200 members! Growing fast. Please RSVP to one of our 43 Events on the Calendar!
Couple minor things then the GREAT NEWS!
0. Remember the Pittsburgh Social Club is setup that You can post your own events! If you POST an EVENT you need to BE THERE! (that's how we keep things REAL!).
1. This group isn't advertising, this site is for Events! I set this group up for two things for Social Networking to be SOCIAL and for friends that are Artists (comedians, singers, dancers etc. etc) and Event Creators to help BOOST THE SIGNAL of their own events while KEEPING IT REAL! (being at their own events and being reachable).
2. If you post an Event PLEASE post your event like your are hosting the event. (IT KEEPS IT REAL). You don't have to Babysit people! BUT you do have to watch for questions on your own events, and if possible give a location where everyone can gather together to meet. For the more SOCIAL events like Happy Hours, Bar Crawls, Coffee Events it's pretty easy and keeping it real happens naturally. EXAMPLES: But for events setup by local Artists, Comedians, Dancers, Musicians it's a lil bit tougher. You can say... "Meetup people sit on the left side up front" or "say hi after the performance and mention that your are from The Pittsburgh Social Club."
3. If you RSVP to an event, please try to go to that event! Yes, I realize life can get in the way of things but try to make it. And it's okay to RSVP NO (you get less emails this way).
4. Have fun, remember it's not always easy to be a host/hostess. And remember this is for FUN and Enjoyment. It's on you to MAKE your own FUN not your host/hostess. They are busy making sure the event works out. So be social, introduce yourself. Ask questions beforehand in the event comments if you need more info!
NOW FOR THE GREAT NEWS:
I (Frank) is now the main organizer of Pittsburgh Free and Almost Free Meetup. That meetup is kinda of the opposite of the Pittsburgh Social Club, it's just an informative site for Free events or events that are almost free ($5 and under). It's the largest meetup in the Region with 4,300 members. IF YOU HAVE A FREE OR ALMOST FREE EVENT you can suggest it there!
Big Kahuna of the Pittsburgh Social Club
and Lil Kahuna of the Pittsburgh Free and Almost Free meetup!
PS. If you want to Join the Pittsburgh Social Club Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PittsburghSocialClub/ we have 450 members there, its a good place to discuss things and get the word out to facebook.