Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 428
This group has touched on Randian philosophy in message board threads Objectivism­ and Is there a moral foundation behind Objectivism?.

Now Darryl Cunningham has published a highly informative, easily digestible act·i·vate comic giving us the Story of Ayn Rand

Found in this story are the seeds of the philosophy which lead to our recent partial federal government shutdown. The philosophy continues on and shall perceptibly keep having an affect on the nature of our human existence.

What Jairo referenced in his thread “The Real Reason America is Failing” is also worth the browse.

I second Jairo that Economics would indeed make a fine topic for our next meetup! Shall we also remember that "the dismal science" title was itself a play on words to Nietzsche's "the gay science" and suggest that we too keep the conversation playful, and thus palatable.
Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 433
There is more that I wanted to give note to with regard to Rand, and the great unnamed influence upon her life, words from the poet laureate of South Dakota Charles Badger Clark, specifically from his poem, "The Westerner"

However instead I shall move on and share tonight a link to Moyers and Company's Nov 1, 2013 full episode: The Top Secret Trade Deal You Need to Know About
Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 434
Kathy
user 10070423
Orlando, FL
Post #: 10
Hi Jairo. I am reading everything that is being written.
Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 435
What is one meant to take from this article?
Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 437
How many self-employed*, or works for the man but considers yourself self-employed nonetheless, are reading this thread? Does the term* suppose something Randian in nature as it would appear that Rand was quick to take for granted what appears to have been a lot going for her, thanks to others?

I ran across this ad promoting 4 foot square gardening and could not help but admire the effort by a member of the knowledge economy.
Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 438

Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 439

Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 454
Do we need more meritocracy based funding of higher education, such as is available throughout Northern European states? http://www.cbsnews.co...­ "There's evidence to back Knox's assertion. The country's outstanding student debt will lead to a total lifetime wealth drain of $4 trillion for indebted households, the research group Demos reported last year."
Rami K.
Rammy
Orlando, FL
Post #: 455
So this campaign to address the way we pay for higher education has started http://www.thenation....­