This poll is simply to determine availability on weeknights. Exact times and locations will be discussed seperately.
(You can select more than one option)
Help support your MeetupChip in
Welcome to Plato's Cave where, as prisoners of this realm, we seek enlightenment through inquiry, reflection and cordial dialogue.
If you are interested in discussing philosophy, philosophers, and related subjects, I hope that you will consider joining Plato's Cave. We are delighted that you have found us, and we hope that your participation with our group will be mutually enjoyable. I personally look forward to meeting you and introducing you to our band of amateur philosophers. Our meetings are held on one Sunday afternoon each month. Because we are a small group by design, with limited meeting space, only 20 members can participate in a given discussion. As a result of this limitation, members are expected to strictly honor their reservations. Members can reserve a place by RSVPing "yes" on our Meetup web page. Of course, we realize that unexpected schedule conflicts may occasionally arise. On those occasions, we simply request that you update your RSVP as soon as possible so that another interested member or guest, who may be on the 'waiting list', can participate in the discussion.
Here are a few expectations to keep in mind:
- Cordial dialogue and respect for the opinions of others is expected.
- Political or religious proselytizing is discouraged except as such may fall within the scope of the discussion topic.
- Promoting or selling commercial products is discouraged.
- Inactive members are removed from the member list after a period of non-participation. (Visiting our web site demonstrates a member's continuing interest and counts as participation.)
- Before committing yourself to attend a Plato's Cave meeting, it is strongly recommended that you visit our discussion and files sections and familiarize yourself with the suggested reading materials on the selected topic in order to fully participate in the discussion.
I hope that those reasonable expectations don't discourage you from joining a truly fun and interesting group of amateur philosophers.
Finally, before being accepted as a member, for purposes of introduction, we do request that you briefly answer three simple questions: 1) Tell us a little about yourself and your interest in philosophy; 2)Which two or three programs from the Plato's Cave past meetings interest you the most?; 3) Do you accept the member guidelines described in the Plato's Cave 'about' section?
Steve, Plato’s Cave Organizer
989 Art People
192 Spec Fiction Writers
1,106 Jazz Cats!
969 Critical Thinkers