I don't think we should count on James Roper to organize future meetups. He is now working for some "unknow company" in some "rainy country".... :)
So let's meet again to share our passion about this awesome web framework that is Play!
I propose to meet on 11th March at 7pm by leanovate, with 2 presentations:
- one for newcomers about Play 2.
- one more advanced.
Does somebody want to present something? Please make your proposition!
For the latter one, I can show a reactive application written in scala using iteratees to parse a big data chunk by chunk. If they are motivated people, we could organize a tutorial about iteratees in a future meetup.
I am the new official organizer of this group, helped by Michael Schleichardt. I see my role to coordinate, to help the group to meet in good conditions with interesting topics. I am not here to dict arbitrary what we should do. So, comments, propositions are more than welcome.
And I am looking for other motivated people so that we can split the organization work.
PS: Now the agenda is available:
- very short introduction to Play framework (if people interested)
- highlights in Play 2.1 (Michael Schleichardt)
- introduction to iteratees (Yann Simon)
- plans for next meetup
- magic dance to bring back the sun to Berlin (we are having a very dark winter here: http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/germany-weathers-darkest-winter-in-43-years-a-885608.html - the sun is probably waiting for the new airport)