InterPlay is a world-wide community-- and much more than just a Meetup group. It's constructed as local groups in which people thrive, where each person is both the contents and the container.
- InterPlay is all about having fun, releasing many of the everyday pressures and the serious side of life.
- It's about expressing oneself and witnessing others. We think of it as 'Exforming' the opposite of Informing. Everyone has stories. Some are so big and complex they are often unexpressed. IP gives us ways to express ourselves creatively. So in sharing we can get rid of the stress of holding it.
- It is finding the wisdom of our bodies, like children do so well. You can be active to the extent you wish or just witness others.
- You will learn incremental, easy ways to express yourself thru movement, musically, verbally or whatever.
- It's about using your unique gifts.
- It's about getting to know yourself and others better, in a friendly, supportive, receptive atmosphere.
We have regularly scheduled gatherings or PlayGroups in Raleigh and Durham and many special events such as Fun-draiser Festivals and summer and winter multi-day retreats. www.InterPlayNC.org is a North Carolina non-profit organization that is part of the world-wide parent group (Body Wisdom Inc.) www.InterPlay.org. (in California). You can get more info and ongoing schedule of events at either of these sites.
Basic easy forms are taught which enable fun activities.
There is a premise that everyone is sufficient, as is. And so, there is no expectation. You can experiment with yourself. It's all about having fun so there is no pressure to do anything, no judgment, and plenty of support and affirmation. All welcome. Come as the cherished individual you really are.
I've been doing InterPlay for around 14 years getting a needed dose of fun and silliness regularly. I'm even learning how important it is to really listen and to 'see' others who are, like me, being authentic to themselves. I didn't know it was possible for a group to accept me for just who I am, no strings attached!
Call me! 919-623-3624